Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Capuch


Capuch is as mysterious and his name, which means the detached hood of a monks habit. I wonder if he is from here (i.e. from Earth, not only from Melbourne)?  I sense he was perhaps passing through when he proliferated paste ups in laneways, on shop fronts and down side streets throughout Fitzroy.  I continue to search for him high and low.  Google reveals little although strenghtens my fantasy of the mysterious traveler passing through - a musician perhaps?  The indolent dandy in his acute thoroughness makes mention of him and gives us an exquisite piece that even gives a recipe for cooking Rabbit, topical this close to easter.  I welcome any insights, any images or links from others more enlightened.  In the meantime, I mull over old images, walk wistfully past ageing paste ups and await in anticipation for more Capuch ...











2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi FF, spotted a lovely blue piece in Collingwood last week http://vettiliveinnorthcote.wordpress.com/2011/04/15/backstreet-blues-today-in-collingwood/

Violet Tingle said...

Loving your blog at the moment, Flash. I can't believe there is so much colour and street art in Fitzroy.